Oh Dear!... My growing obsession with Matthew Dear

Matthew Dear - Her Fantasy (2013)

I have a running gag with my boyfriend that anytime he plays a new Matthew Dear song or remix, within 30 seconds of play, I say that I quite like it! It never fails to amaze me how absolutely danceable cheery-mood-inducing Matthew Dear's stuff is. I had the great fortune to be able to see him at the Treasure Island Music Festival back in 2012 and it was spectacular. So spectacular, that when a local club featured my dear Matthew at a free show, I couldn't believe my good luck! It was another good show, although not as good as TI, and I'll probably be seeing more shows of his when he comes back to the Bay Area.

Now, you may also know Matthew Dear by one of his other three aliases that he maintains: Audion, Jabberjaw, and False--each with their own distinct sound. I have not listened to much of his work as Jabberjaw or False, but his techno-heavy Audion endeavors aren't so much my thing. In any case, he's still one of the only artists that can pull off a decent remix of Depeche Mode. He has also been commissioned for remixes by The xx, Hot Chip, Spoon, and The Postal Service. Only good can come from team ups like that!

Matthew Dear's Soundcloud with some remixes, an interview and even some bonus Audion: https://soundcloud.com/matthewdear

I invite you to listen to more of Matthew Dear's excellent library on a short list of my favorites here:

1 comment:

  1. I really like that playlist! It's so solid even for being short!

    ReplyDelete