Best of 2013... Brandon's choices for 2013

Major Lazer was a huge suprise. I didn't realize I would have
that much fun with their music this year. So good.
Favorite Tracks of 2013:
Favorite Albums of 2013:

This is such an amazing song. It resonates in the soul. Fantastic and completely surprising considering 
the other material from Major Lazer. 


An Old Album I Rediscovered This Year: Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness"
Can't forget where I came from.


Musical Highlights: The Live Music!
Actually getting a severe cold due to the harsh weather this year at Treasure Island Music Festival. I had a great time. However, it was freezing. The wind and sprinkles showed up with teeth on Sunday and cut the festival goers right down to the soul. The crowd was amazing and the show was spectacular. It was all worth the suffering. From the beginning it was an experience. Giraffage, Palma Violets. Adult., James Blake, Major Lazer, Disclosure, Little Dragon, Atoms for Peace! Holy god it was amazing! That was just the first day! Surprisingly enough Beck was a huge disappointment on day 2 but STRFKR kept the spirits running high. Seeing Wayne Coyne do his Carrie shtick during the Tame Impala/Flaming Lips Halloween show in San Francisco. Packing into a tiny bar in the Mission district to see Deerhoof tear the building down!

Musical Lowlights: I can't really think of many... maybe DJ Khalid proposing to Nicki Minaj. That was a disaster. I still shake my head at the thought of it.  

0 comments: