Summer Festivals 2014... Coachella 2014 Line-Up is out and man does it suck.


Maybe I am just pouting or maybe I'm sour about not being able to afford the tickets, but one thing stands: this line-up looks piss poor. When I first looked at the Coachella poster for this year, I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. Not the artists specifically but the placement of the artists. They must be holding out this year. Where are the Pixies? Where are Nine Inch Nails? Doesn't this line-up seem a little... I don't know... Warped Tour-y? It feels like they are missing a ton of bands too. I keep thinking Zedd is billed too high but there isn't anyone better. Seriously. I remember watching Zedd at like 2:00 p.m. on a Saturday in 2012. Now this motherfucker is on the coveted SECOND LINE? Not even to mention that Lana Del Rey is on the second line on Sunday billed higher than Motorhead. Did everyone forget that she can't sing? At least not live. Paul Tollett and Goldenvoice must have spent their load on Outkast getting back together.

Oh, and Arcade Fire making a return again to the Polo Fields. The more I think about it the more I don't like it. After seeing them twice at the 'chella (in '07 & '11). I couldn't fathom another performance that would top their 2011 show. It was nuts. It was good. It was all we needed. I feel like they are going to have the same caliber performance that Red Hot Chili Peppers did last year in 2013. Lackluster. Tired. Bored. They've tasted the fields before. Let 'em go man.

I know they move things around a lot. They might even have a few surprises up the sleeve, but generally they don't. What you see is more than likely, exactly what you get. Adding Daft Punk would be killer of course. Especially after they did that huge publicity stunt last year with their commercials for Random Access Memories played throughout the event. Maybe David Bowie. The Pixies. Nine Inch Nails. Tool. A Perfect Circle. Something...

Oh well, let the kids have their cake. 

Now that I have that out of my system... Here is my fantasy line-up that I made earlier this year. I wish this was happening instead.  

0 comments: